For those of you that wonder if my kids eat most of the things I post on this blog, the answer is a resounding NO! I know that probably means that I have failed along the way in my parenting but none the less my boys are very simple eaters and are happy with a variation of mince as many nights as I’ll let them. I make large batches of mince and then use it for mince and pasta, burritos, nachos, tacos and lasagne. Lasagne is such a process to make ‘properly’ (beschemal sauce and all) that I very rarely do unless it’s for a gift as it’s such an act of love. Here is my cheats version that I am currently making weekly as my oldest boy takes a piece heated up in a thermos for lunch most days.
Annabel’s cheats lasagne
- Mince – this is the link to by basic mince/bolognaise recipe
- Cottage cheese
- Grated tasty/other cheese
- parmesan cheese – grated.
- GF (or not) lasagne sheets
- Spoon a think layer of mince into the bottom of your lasange dish.
- Layer with lasange sheets.
- Spread lasagne sheets with cottage cheese and a light sprinkle of grated cheeses.
- Spoon a thicker layer of mince and repeat with lasgne sheets, cheeses and mince until the dish is full. Top layer should be a generous covering of mixed grated cheeses but not cottage cheese.
- Bake in oven at 180C/350F for about 30 mins.