With Christmas upon us, we are all looking for an easy but outstanding nibble for guests. Family and friends will love to nibble these nuts! They are what I called them – hot, sweet & salty! The recipe is from the Union Square Cafe, New York – they are called their ‘bar nuts’.
- 2-3 cups mixed natural nuts
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper (the ‘hot’)
- 2 tspns brown sugar (the ‘sweet’)
- 2 tspn Maldon or other sea salt (the ‘salty’)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Warm the nuts on a baking tray in the oven (180C) for 10 mins.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl and stir in the hot, sweet and salty!
- Toss the nuts in the butter mix.
- Serve warm.
* could try tossing in ghee for true paleo version