As most of you know, I’d choose sweet potato over pumpkin, but I was given a huge fresh pumpkin from my parent’s-in-law’s farm on the Easter weekend, so when asked to bring a side dish to a friend’s place for dinner, it seemed like the obvious solution. The pomegranates add a pop of colour. I also dolloped a yoghurt dressing over it just before serving (although this does make it non-paleo & AIP).
- 1/4 large pumpkin (about 1 kg)
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- greens to serve
- olive oil for char grilling
- Slice the pumpkin into slivers about 5mm thick. Brush with olive oil.
- Char grill on hot plate or BBQ until tender but not mushy (actually the first batch I did in the oven and they turned to mush…. then into soup!).
- Remove and cool on cake airing tray.
- When cooler layer greens and pumpkin on serving tray and sprinkle with pomegranates.
Can be served warm or cold.
Yoghurt dressing (not AIP or paleo)
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic grated
- juice of a lemon
- salt & pepper
- Mix ingredients and dollop over the salad when serving.