I promise I haven’t forgotten you all, it’s been a crazy month celebrating my 40th birthday. Here is the most popular post on the blog this month, remember this one? Has anyone had a go at making it yet? I’ll post some new dishes in July! Happy cooking everyone. Annabel x
I have thought about making these for a while and then as cacao is not AIP friendly forgot about them. The other day I had lunch at the Paleo Cafe with my friends Sharon and Lyn and Sharon brought out her secret stash of bounty bars for us for dessert! I was re-inspired to give them a go. Glad I did!
Coconut FillingCoconut Filling
- 1 Tbsp cacao butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- pinch salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until just starting to come together as a paste but don’t over process as you still want to have some of the texture of the desiccated coconut.
- Press into rectangular container lined with baking paper (I used 15cmx22cm) or into rectangular shape. Freeze until solid.
- Remove and cut into pieces…
View original post 159 more words