Update: Here is a slightly different version of the same recipe…(ingredients below)
I went out to breakfast during the week and had a seed & nut granola served with chocolate almond milk. I used to make muesli a lot before I went grain free, so I was inspired to make it again, this time with just seeds & nuts. I really missed nuts & seeds when I was doing the AIP diet strictly, and whilst I know now too many nuts don’t agree with me, every now & again is ok. It also makes a great gift!
The quantities below are really just a guide – you can play around with the types of nuts and amounts. The amounts are arbitrary because that’s just the size of the packets I bought of each nut variety! You could also pre-soak and dry out in a food dehydrator first if you want activated nuts. I expect that they wouldn’t take as long in the oven then.
- 130g pecan nuts
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 150g walnuts
- 110g almonds
- 85g pistachios
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 C pepitas
- 1/2 C sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C poppy seeds
- 1/2 C chia seeds
- 1/2 C sesame seeds
- 1/2C coconut oil
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Place all nuts in a food processor and pulse once or twice to roughly chop them.
- Melt coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Add the pepitas, sunflower seeds and coconut to the nut mix.
- Pour the oil & syrup over the nut mix and stir it through.
- Spread out on a large oven tray lined with baking paper and put it in the oven for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins check the mix and stir it gently on the tray. Keep cooking for another 10 mins, checking and stirring regularly so the nuts on the top don’t burn and the ones underneath are toasted.
- Remove from oven when toasted.
- Stir in all the remaining seeds.
- Once it’s cooled either put in airtight container or serve immediately with a dollop of yoghurt or as you choose.
Muesli will keep best in the fridge.
4 thoughts on “11 nut & seed muesli (paleo)”
Reblogged this on Paleo PNW and commented:
This looks delicious! Paleo breakfast options other than eggs are always helpful!