If you’ve been following on Facebook, you’ll know that I was spoilt with an ice-cream maker for Christmas (a fancy one with in-built compressor so half the freezer isn’t taken up with the frozen bowl). Very spoilt! The first attempt was a DIVINE nutella gelato, but now that Christmas is over and the healthy eating starts to creep back in, I have made this mango coconut ice-cream. It’s dairy free, gluten free, paleo and even AIP compliant!
Let’s be real, it’s not nutella gelato BUT for the cold creamy ice-creamy sensation, it’s pretty good and uber simple with just 3 ingredients.
- flesh of 3 mangos
- 1 large can coconut cream (mine was 560ml)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Blitz the mangos in a blender, add coconut cream and honey and blend until combined.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours or over night if possible.
- Churn in an ice-cream maker for 30-40 minutes.
- Eat immediately for the best creamy consistency.
If you want to store it for another day, put into a container (or little ones for portion control). You will need to take it out of the freezer for at least 20 mins before you want to eat it as it gets very hard.
2 thoughts on “mango coconut ice-cream (AIP)”
Hum. Sounds delicious. Looking forward to trying a treat from your ice-cream maker!